Asthmatic NYSC member dies after parade in Bauchi (photo)
A National Youth Service Corps member in Bauchi State, Magdaline Yohana, has died while participating in a parade on April 1st.
According to reports, Yohana was an orphan who saw herself through school. On the day of the incident, Yohana who was asthmatic, had complained that she would not be able to participate in the mandatory match because of her health status.
Her complain was allegedly ignored by the camp official who said most corps member are used to giving flimsy excuses. She participated in the morning parade and slumped during the process.
She was rushed to the camp clinic and was later referred to the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Teaching Hospital in Bauchi where she died. She was laid to rest on April 5th.
- The scheme has reportedly been silent over her death as there was never an official statement annoucing her demise.
- 6 persons escape death in Osun accident
- “I called her and heard her screaming” – Lady raises alarm over the disappearance of her friend after she left home for job interview in Akwa Ibom
- There is a lot to tell the Pope if you take your luck too far, calling on President Muhammadu Buhari to either resign or be impeached is ungodly – APC tells Mbaka
- Esther Nnamdi-Ogbue releases The Power Five