Biography of Omar John Sini
Omar John Sini, hails from Michika, Adamawa State. He was born on the 28th, February 1979. He is from the kamue tribe and a devoted Christian by religion.
He started his educational background at Army Children School, Maiduguri in the year 1985-1990, afterward he proceeded to have his school leaving certificate from the Brigader Maimalari Day Secondary School in the year 1996. Omar is a diploma graduate of Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri, obtained his first degree in Architecture at the prestigious Federal University of Technology, Yola respectively.
Omar bagged a Masters of Landscape Architecture (MLA) from Ahmadu Bello University in the year 2015 and he is currently studying for his Masters in Security and Strategic Studies in Nasarrawa State University.
He has a lot of professional certificates to his name which includes, Cadet Inspectors Course, Combat Operation Course, Citizenship and Leadership Training, Real-Time Analytical and Intelligence Database (RAID), Principle of Peace and Support (PSO), Investigation of Trafficking in Person, Personal Security and Safety, Witness Protection Course by Swedish, Craf-Maga (Israeli basic defense and bodyguard), Security Investigation and Interrogation Course and many others.
He started his career as a cadet attachment at Kerewa Divisional Police HQTs, Yola before he proceeded to become the Inspector Crime, Gona Divisional Police HQTs Gombe. He has also served as Inspector Admin, C Dept Works, Station Officer of Criminal Security/Intelligence Bureau, Training Officer in the Department of Peacekeeping Operations/Training at the IGP Secretariat Force Headquarters Abuja.
Omar also served as an Operation Officer for the United Nations African Mission in Darfur, Community Policing Officer, Class filed instructor, Investigator, Pioneer Head of the advance Fee Fraud Section.
All these experience has made him an exceptional individual with sterling abilities. He is currently the Head of the Advance Fee Fraud Section at the EFCC Lagos Zonal office. A position he has attained since June 2019.
He carries out investigations of cases as contained in the EFCC Act and other related laws. His success story includes the investigation of several high-profile cases on behalf of the EFCC, many of which are still at the trial stage. Have also secured over Four Hundred and Thirty-Five (435) convictions.
He has foreign mission experience of working with the African Union Mission in Sudan (AMIS) in 2007 and also worked with the United Nations African Mission in Darfur from the year 2009-2009.
Omar John Sini has attended several international seminars/workshops and courses which include E-crime Congress in Victoria, United Kingdom, African Dialogue Conference, Gambia, Financial Crime Investigation Course, 5Th Annual Yahoo Conference in Yahoo HQ, Califonia USA, Annual Conference, Committee of Chief Information and many others.
He has several commendations and awards to his name.
Some of the commendations and awards received by Omar Sini include
- Inspector-General of Police Award for outstanding performance, United Nations Peace Keeping Award Medal;
- Commendation for Exemplary Conduct by the National Security, Adviser (NSA) for rejection of huge United States Dollars bribe meant to sway investigation;
- Commendation for Outstanding Performance, Commitment to Duty and High Professional Disposition by the Executive Chairman of the EFCC;
- Integrity Award and Commendation by the World Bank;
- Merit Award as Head, Advance Fee Fraud Section of the EFCC Lagos Zonal Office for Emerging 1st position in Convictions secured.
- Heritage Bank unveils OCTIPLUS, the All-In-One App!
- “In a few years, Khatseed Agency will be the biggest brand in Nigeria and beyond,” CEO Sidikat
- Tuskegee airmen Black U.S. Army Air Corps cadets stand at attention at the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama in 1942.U.S. Army Signal Corps / AP
- [Music] Adeexy – Wedding Day